ACIPH is looking for a competent and qualified candidate for the following position. Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements are hereby invited to apply.
Job Title: Statistician
Work place: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel to study sites
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Data management and cleaning
- Analyze large data sets and interpret results
- Produce research results
- Develop and adapt computer programs & procedures in statistical packages.
- Prepare report on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
- Participate in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interpret the finding and provide conclusions and recommendations as required.
Educational Background: Masters Degree in Statistics or Biostatistics fields.
Work Experience: At least two years work experience with experience in qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Manuscript writing experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge of statistical data management & information technology
- Strong quantitative and computer programming skills with experience in survey data.
- Knowledge and experience in using SAS, STATA, SPSS or R statistical packages.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and working under time pressure.
Deadline for submission of application: 20 April 2018